ABOUT DR. ALEXANDER RABINOVICH
Is Dr. Rabinovich currently operating in a hospital?
Dr. Rabinovich is currently not operating in a hospital. Dr. Rabinovich performs his surgical procedures at GHA Surgical Centre.
What procedures can Dr. Rabinovich perform?
Dr. Rabinovich operates at GHA Surgical Centre and performs a variety of orthopaedic procedures involving the lower and upper extremities. Most procedures are done under local anaesthetic, and if required, sedation can be utilized on a case-by-case basis.
Do I need to bring injections to my appointment?
No, you do not need to bring your injection to your appointment, our office carries all injections.
Is my appointment covered by OHIP?
Yes, the visit is covered by OHIP. However, if you require medication or non-OHIP covered service/procedure, then some fees may apply. Prior to any procedure, the fees will be explained to you. If you have extended health benefits (EHB), some of the fees could be covered. Our office does not do direct billing, and you will be provided with a receipt which you can submit to your EHB for reimbursement.
Does your office direct-bill to insurance?
No. You will be provided with a receipt which you can submit to your EHB for reimbursement
Will my insurance cover my injections?
Every insurance company and patient is different. Our office can provide you with an injection list that you can submit to your insurance, and they should be able to give you an estimate from there.
Where should I get my imaging done?
We prefer you get your images at the following locations:
- ST. JOSEPH COMMUNITY HEALTH – (905) 573-7777
- ST. JOSEPH HEALTHCARE HAMILTON – (905) 522-1155
- HAMILTON HEALTH SCIENCES – (905) 521-2100
MAIN STREET WEST URGENT CARE CENTRE
HAMILTON GENERAL HOSPITAL
MCMASTER CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
WEST LINCOLN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (GRIMSBY)
- JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL – (905) 632-3737
- BRANT COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE – (519) 751-5544
BRANTFORD GENERAL HOSPITAL, THE WILLETT
- NORFOLK GENERAL HOSPITAL – (519) 426-6998
- WEST HALDIMAND GENERAL HOSPITAL – (905) 768-3311
- NIAGARA HEALTH SYSTEM – (905) 378-4647
ST. CATHARINE’S, GREATER NIAGARA GENERAL SITE
WELLAND PORT COLBORNE, DOUGLAS MEMORIAL
- WOODSTOCK HOSPITAL – (519) 421-4211
- CAMBRIDGE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL – (519) 621-2330
- GRAND RIVER HOSPITAL – (519) 742-3611
- LONDON HEALTH SCIENCES – (519) 685-8500
Appointments & Scheduling
Where is my appointment scheduled at?
Dr. Rabinovich consults on patients in two different locations. Please check your appointment notice, or call the office for the correct appointment location.
50 Dundurn St. S
L8P 4W3, Canada
Hamilton Foot Clinic
150 Upper James St.
L9B 1K3, Canada
* Next door to the Mandarin Restaurant
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Valid Health Card
- Current Medication List
- If you had images (X-ray, Ultrasound, CT Scan, MRI, etc …) done outside the “Participating Hospitals”, please bring them on a CD with a radiology report. Please note that Dr. Rabinovich can view images and reports online, if you had them done at any of the suggested locations (- link to suggested imaging locations)
- If you had relevant tests (EMG, Blood Work, Nerve Studies, etc …), please bring report.
- If you have a WSIB claim, please bring your Claim Number. A claim number is required for Dr. Rabinovich to submit your forms online.
- Please arrive a few minutes prior to your appointment time
Does your office have a cancellation list?
Unfortunately we do not carry a cancellation list; however, you are more than welcome to call the office periodically and a while to check if there has been any cancellations.
How long is my appointment?
Appointments are booked between 15 and 20 minutes. Although we try our best to remain on time, please allot up to 1 hour for your appointment as emergencies do come up.
Will I be getting a treatment at my consult?
Our goal is to provide effective treatment in a timely manner. However, we cannot guarantee you will get a treatment at your first consult. It will depend on room availability, how busy office is, and if you have completed all requested investigations.
What is a Physician Assistant (PA)?
Physician Assistants (PA) are academically prepared and highly skilled health care professionals who provide a broad range of medical services. Physician Assistants work in collaboration with physcicians to provide quality care with a degree of autonomy, negotiated and agreed on by the supervising physician(s). They can work in any clinical setting to extend physician services. Pas complement existing services and aid in improving patient access to health care. For more information please visit https://capa-acam.ca/about-pas/pa-fact-sheet/